LeGrand Consumer Unit?

The electricians fitted a IP30 LeGrand Consumer Unit 3 years ago.

need at least one more - should I buy another LeGrand for compatibility? Or scrap it and buy better units?

There's no mention of it at

2004 SJW wrote here that Tenby and LeGrand are poor, MK Sentry, Square D or Hager Vision are recommended

but in 2004 Syd Brittany wrote here that they are good quality.

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Legrand is a French company who have been around for donkey's years. There stuff in the past could be a bit quirky e.g. accessories were often made of thermoplastic where a UK audience might expect thermosetting plastic.

I suspect it is largely a matter of personal preference. I don't like Legrand accessories much, but I wouldn't say it's rubbish.

Other Legrand group members (e.g. Elektrak and Salamandre trunking) are ubiquitous in the UK commercial sector.

Reply to
Dave Osborne

You have 3 years' hands-on experience of it, which I suspect is more than most.

IMHE, they look cheap and nasty (bendy plastic cases), but they do the job OK. Also (and as a result) they don't crack if you thump them. Most CUs, by any maker, are better in their usability during installation than any CUs by any maker, made 10+ years ago.

Reply to
Andy Dingley