Led replacement for 5' T12 fluorescent

OK Probably 20 total so not an exciting order.

The wider beam angle may be important. Fitted close to the apex of a shallow slope, white ceiling, conventional florries give a good light dispersal.

Thanks.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I have used quite a bit of LEDHut stuff, in particular I have fitted out lots of shops with the panel lights

It works like this, I call into a shop, the person serving me sees my tshirt and asks if I can swap the lamps that are flickering/not working. Then I give them a demo of an LED fitting, tell them the cost savings and give them a price to replace the lot. It is usually going to pay for itself in 18 months,

Never had a problem with them.

Reply to
ARW

5 on order. Expected Tuesday. Workshop man is busy spraying some mdf battery boxes (for imported mobility vehicles) so I don't suppose they'll get fitted for a bit.

I'll report back.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

What's he using to make them fire proof?

Reply to
dennis

Does he have to make them fireproof?

Reply to
ARW

Not his problem. They are not huge but I have no idea what type of battery gets fitted.

Long time ago now but I used to get new car batteries from a friend who's father drove vehicles to the docks. Apparently they had to remove the battery before loading.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I ordered a T8 LED tube (only 4 footer) from CPC and found that it would not have worked in my kitchen fitting as there was no short circuit link at the remote end from the driver.

Was sent in very strong cardboard tube but did not survive being trodden on (UPS) :-

Geo

In message , Geo writes

5 Due tomorrow. We'll see what DPD can do.
Reply to
Tim Lamb

Interesting. In that case you would have had to follow Dens second drawing.

Reply to
ARW

I recently bought a LED tube that fits into T5 or T8 holders but has no electrical connections at the ends.

It comes with a 24V DC PSU that works it.

Its controlled (colour/timer) by blutooth.

Reply to
dennis

And there is me making money out of fitting switches:-)

Reply to
ARW

They are making more out of not fitting switches.

It was bloody expensive but the daughter wanted it for her aquarium.

Its a birthday pressie now.

No I didn't pay amazons overprice.

Reply to
dennis