LED outdoor low voltage lights as beacons?

I wonder is there any off the shelf led units that are not crappily made that one can illuminate a globe with at regular intervals down the side of a path? Its got to be better than the existing garden lighting witch uses bulbs and horrible IDC connections to the wire that go intermittent or open circuit either at the holder or interconnections.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Depends, there are bollard-sized ones, do you mean something in between that and the six inch tall ones on spikes?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I used some low voltage decking lights inserted into block paving along the edge of my drive just like landing lights on a runway. In my case it was to indicate the edge of the drive at night as I reverse off the drive.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Its not the height but the sphere size and illumination which is the key here.

I can easily mount them any old place if they have a stem, after all, you just make up or buy a clamp or screw through the middle of the tube. The point is that they need to run from a supply not the daft dark sensor solar ones, as the idea is to switch them on remotely from a cab. It will aid me getting to my house when its dark, since the cab can see the light come on, and hence I don't have to try to locate my place.

I also have had another idea. I used one of those tile things that work via bluetooth today, and although these work well, they are not very loud. What I need is either a tile with a bigger speaker or maybe one fixed at the bottom of a horn or something so you can hear it better. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

The Garden Lighting Shop has a range of different mains operated garden lights:

Nothing exactly as you describe, but they do have 200mm 300mm 400mm and

500mm stone effect ground level sphere lights with mounting spikes. They also have a range of pedestal and bollard lights.
Reply to
nightjar