LED or Rough Service for shock resilience?

Which would you expect to be more resilient to shock, a rough service filament light bulb or a LED bulb (both B22)?
--
Michael Chare

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 23:48:06 +0000, Michael Chare

The LED lamp by a long margin.
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
On Sunday, 21 February 2016 23:48:09 UTC, Michael Chare wrote:

LED by a very long way
NT

Perhaps this wouldn't be a good choice though. ;-)
https://www.ledhut.co.uk/4-watt-bayonet-filament-standard-shape-led-bulb.html?gclid=CKeVlvWIi8sCFeTnwgodvTQAbQ
On 22/02/2016 09:35, Tim+ wrote:

I nearly bought the candle version of those, but they did not have the light output I wanted. (Not for my inspection lamp.) Are they any good?
--
Michael Chare

On 22/02/2016 10:34, Michael Chare wrote:

IME they are excellent - I much prefer them to the "normal" format of LED lamp, since their light output is pretty much as omnidirectional like a normal filament lamp. So they work very well in cap down orientation, or when fully enclosed in the type of shade or luminaire that benefits from all round light distribution.
The light quality also does not (to my eyes anyway) have that slightly odd greeny/yellow quality that you get with some LEDs - they are the closest thing I have seen to a filament lamp so far.
(I have a mixture of the 40W and 60W equivalent ones).
BTW, order them from trade.ledhut.co.uk if you can, and they are cheaper than from the retail site.
--
Cheers,

John.
On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 10:34:34 +0000, Michael Chare

The mechnical stability can be ssen here:

https://youtu.be/H_XiunR-cAQ

https://youtu.be/H_XiunR-cAQ

He's handling and bending the strip; it breaks once bent at an angle, see 1:50 or so...
Thomas Prufer
LED. However that is not to say that some constructions are better than others of both types of light.
Brian

--
----- -

I'd assumed all LEDs had a pretty robust anode and cathode. Unlike the filament in a incandescent lamp.
--
*Organized Crime Is Alive And Well; It's Called Auto Insurance. *

You might be assuming incorrectly. I've no idea how robust these "pseudo filament" bulbs are but they're bound to be more fragile that a pcb mounted led.
https://www.ledhut.co.uk/4-watt-bayonet-filament-standard-shape-led-bulb.html?gclid=CKeVlvWIi8sCFeTnwgodvTQAbQ
Tim

Not those LEDs that look like incandescent filaments.

On 22/02/2016 11:34, Brian Gaff wrote:

Out of curiosity I have dissected my first LED lamp failure and was slightly surprised to find that the long (52) LED chain is still perfect but the power supply has failed. I checked all the diodes manually and in series. So it looks like LED lamps fail the same way as CFLs but a bit more slowly since they generate somewhat less heat.
I suspect it will be a cooked dried out PSU capacitor. That require a second level of careful cutting into the body to investigate.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown
On 21/02/2016 23:48, Michael Chare wrote:

It all depends on how the additional components in the LED bulb are mounted. Most of the support components for LED bulbs are just mounted on a small circuit board loosely fitted in the base of the bulb. They may be the point of failure when subjected to shock.
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk