LED "Daylight" bulbs

EricP wrote:

Sounds like crap, I do not believe it,they need psych evaluation good fodder for some cult.

On Thursday, 30 April 2015 23:06:47 UTC+1, EricP wrote:

Any nasty vapours being given off by the lights or the power supplies? Varnish on circuit boards overheating?
Anything in the building been disturbed? EG Could there be a leaky boiler flue above a ceiling, which has been disturbed to install the lights, and CO is now getting into the workplace?
Owain
On 02/05/2015 11:05, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

I changed ALL of our lights to daylight ones and it's one of the best things I've ever done. The light is far more pleasant and superior. We haven't had a headache since the change.
On Sat, 02 May 2015 11:08:36 +0100, Bod wrote:

For 'daylight' I prefer 4000K - 4500K (nominally moonlight in thickypedia). It is bright and clear without any trace of blueness. So far I've found only 3 lamps in this range: 3W, 320lm; 4W, 600lm and one that I have bookmarked BCBA to look (the last pint, at 9%, does that to me!).
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On 02/05/2015 17:46, PeterC wrote:

I see.
On 02/05/2015 11:08, Bod wrote:

All my main lights are now daylight LED and I too prefer them. However, my preference could be age related - as I get older my eyesight is not as good as it once was and I find that daylight type LEDs give better perceived contrast and make reading etc. easier.
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

On 02/05/2015 18:52, alan_m wrote:

Agreed, many people choose daylight lamps specifically for reading.

Just found this:
The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992: Regulation 8 requires every workplace to have suitable and sufficient lighting. The lighting in the workplace, should as far as is possible, be natural.
and this:
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 place a duty on employers and self-employed people to assess risks to health and safety from their undertaking. This will include risks from lighting.
- Mike
"Mike" wrote in message

Not feasible with that nightclub/bar.

There will always be some risk of groupthink/group hysteria.

Why not? It's a workplace, so the 1992 regs apply for the benefit ot the workers there. - Mike
"Mike" wrote in message

Its actually a social club.

Because it appears to mostly operate at night and moonlight leaves rather a lot to be desired in a place like that.
It's a workplace, so the 1992 regs apply for the benefit ot

Yes, but natural light just isn't viable there.

You seem to have misunderstood me, the regs don't specify that it should be actual natural light, although that it preferable, just close to it and most importantly, not dangerous in any way (such as causing headaches). - Mike
"Mike" wrote in message

No.
the regs don't specify that it

The regs say nothing like that. What they actually say is that it should be natural light when that is possible.
It isn't with a social club mostly used at night.
and most importantly, not dangerous in any way (such as

There is no evidence that it does cause headaches, just that they are seeing some groupthink/group hysteria.

Also found this:
http://www.digikey.co.uk/en/articles/techzone/2012/jul/characterizing-and-minimizing-led-flicker-in-lighting-applications
- Mike