Leather restoration.

The seats on my old car are getting rather tatty. They're grey, the base colour is showing through in veins, and the grey has faded in places. There are plenty of products advertised to sort all this, but which one? And would a pro make a better job? I remember years ago seeing the results of Connollising (sp?) and they turned tatty seats into new ones - but they closed years ago - sad as they were just up the road from here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Best stuff is the leatherique stuff, from the states only AFAIK allow about a hundred quid to buy the cleaner and the conditioner, it can turn near cardboard back to soft leather. ask for their advice as to quantities and products, they are very helpful (as they should be)

mrcheerful

bad stuff if you can get a decent colour match.

Reply to
TonyK

In message , TonyK writes

I have a bottle each of Gliptone Leather Cleaner and Gliptone Leather Conditioner waiting for a suitable child free afternoon to treat the leather seats in my Saab...

all accounts, Gliptone is the product to use (but it won't work miracles on worn out seats).

You can find it easily enough in quality motor shops or the bay of cheap and plenty.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Sinclair