Leaky Toilet Cistern

I have a 10" hairline crack along the lower front edge of the cistern. I baled out, cleaned up and dried out with meths. I have tried two sealants; a silicone bathroom sealant (failed) and Evo Impact with a fabric backing (also failed). Anyone know of a gunge which holds well on glazed earthenware and survives constant immersion?

Reply to
Roger Cain

Try

Robbo

replace the (brown) suite at the time.

I used gloss paint having dried it first and swabbing it with turps. My thinking was that the paint would be thin enough to be drawn into the hairline crack.

Reply to
John

So can we take it that your repair worked as you didn't say. No point suggesting something you have tried especially if it failed.

Reply to
Dev

Sorry - yes it lasted for a year until the horrid Brown Suite was ripped out.

Reply to
John

Waterproof stick type epoxy puttys are available in Marina shops/chandlers.

The inside of the stick is one part the outside the other, you just kneed it till it is an even colour.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

If dried inside first a coating of car body filler will work.

CA will wick into it too and may work.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I was going to suggest Araldite on the inside, but roughen it up on first.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Laws

Fernox LS-X. Brilliant stuff.