Leaking soil pipe

Recently I have converted a bedroom into a bathroom, and the other weekend was connecting the waste from the toilet to the soil stack. This had been agreed with Building Control so happy happy. However, I have had an issue with pipe sizes. Foolishly I thought that my Hepworth 4"/110mm pipe would connect quite hapily to the stack. There is a small size difference, but with a bit of wadding I can get a reasonable seal, but it needs something better as the joint seems to be weeping. I was thinking of using something like plumbers mait on the joint, but I need quite alot, is there a bitumous tape or something which I cna use, or would a cement based compound be available. I have also found a hole elsewhere which needs plugging as well. Cheers Bean

Reply to
B3any