Leaking C/H Manifold - buy a new house?

Well, that explains why my central heating system (combi) has been randomly losing pressure. Found this while I was doing 10,000 other jobs on the weekend... :-(

is after I cleaned it up by the way - the joint was covered in corrosion so it's probably been like that for a few years at least. Luckily the leak is very slight and water has been evaporating / absorbed by the big pile of sawdust underneath it, so hasn't flooded the downstairs flat.

Any ideas what to do with this? I'll give most things a blast but this makes me slightly nervous - I've got visions of the coupling snapping off if I touch it. How much do you reckon a plumber would charge to fix this? I'd reckon at least 2-3 hours work. Another pic from a distance:-

Pecanfan

I'd drain it off,put some easit oil on the affected connection,let it soak in then unscrew it. Examine it for excess damage due to corrosion. Its unlikely to be damaged,it;ll just need cleaning up thoroughly,clean up,remake the joint with a wrap of ptfe on the olive on the 10mm copper,and a smear of jointing compound on the joint face. If the olive looks dodgy,cut the bit of 10mm and add a new piece.

joe

Reply to
tarquinlinbin