Leak on gutter of Palram Gazebo need solution ( preferably in Ireland )

I have a Palram Matrinque Gazabo very tight to the back of the house and there is a joint in the very narrow and oddly shaped aluminium gutter on the long sides where the gutter halves butt togrether and both are weeping.

The narrow and odd shaped design means that it is not possible to seal with tape from the inside ( I tried 4-5 different types.) cannot seal with tape from outside as aluminium profile has slide track underneath for curtains so you cannot seal that part, cannot seal inside with two part epoxy as it is impossible to easily reach the one tight to the house .

The ideal would be a paint ( bitumen maybe ) that could be painted on when inside is dry ( this is achievable with a brush ) maybe 2-3 coats - if such a products exists..

I have seen the aerosol ones but we cannot use them , I have seen the felt repair options with a paste to be applied with a spatula.. and the paint ones for felt roofs.. again not exactly what is needed and annoying as it is a tiny joint approx 80mm x 2 sides

I know it is a very minor problem but as the leak is right the enterance from the back of the house there is a puddle at that point... that is head wrecking.,.

This looks good

BUT is NOT available to Ireland and I cannot find it available in Ireland .

Can anyone recommend a paint type sealer that might work.. ?

Thanks Eddie ( snipped-for-privacy@wall.ie)

Reply to
Eddie Wall

Why the insistence that you apply with a brush? IMO and experience, gutter sealants applied with a gun are much more effective. You can apply it much thicker and it lasts. Lots of types: Screwfix, Toolstation etc all do them. Google for it

. If you haven't got a gun, get one; they're as cheap as chips.

Let the gutter dry thoroughly (in Ireland? Ha ha!). Thoroughly clean across the join to remove any gunge and get down to bare PVC (wire wool or pan scourer are useful) , then apply the sealant generously and work into the join with your fingers. Wear disposable gloves otherwise you'll be scraping the sealant off your fingers for several days after!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

PS: forgot to say: apply it to the topside, i.e. inside, of the gutter, not the underneath. That way it doesn't matter what colour it is. Any black will do.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

One problem of course is that if its ally guttering its going to oxidise on the bare parts, so maybe some etch primer on those bits first? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Get an anPost addresspal account (

) and have it posted to it in the UK. For a small fee anPost will them forward it to you or your local post office

Reply to
fred

As I mentioned the Gazebo is tight agasint the house and the gazebo gutter is approx 70mm below the house gutter which overlaps it by 100mm . handy as the rain is either in the gutter of one or the other ans so the walk from the back door to gazebo is dry ( apart from the leak ) The profile of the gazebo gutted is very narrow and deep with unuslay bell shaped bottom.. so you can barely get your fingers in maybe a bruch on its side but no chance with a gun... hence requirement for "paint on" sealer.....

Reply to
Eddie Wall

Jam a short length of flexible polythene tube onto the nozzle of the gun? A picture might help - don't post it directly here but use an image hosting site such as

and post a link to it here.

Reply to
Chris Hogg
<Snip>

What sort of gutter is the house gutter? Can it easily be removed for access?

Reply to
Steve Walker