Laying real wood board over suspended floor

Hi,

We would like to lay some real wood click fit boards over our existing suspended wooded floor. The existing floorboards are relatively flat. In the instructions it says lay 6mm plywood on top of the existing floorboards. It also mentions laying a DPM. Does anyone know if we actually need to lay the plywood or the DPM. There's no damp in the existing wooden floor, so I can't see why we need a DPM. I was inteding to just lay fibreboard (for heat & sound insulation) on top of the existing floor and then the new real wood boards on top of this as a floating floor.

Any replies greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Simon

Reply to
zelestor

is the click stuff really real wood? I doubt it. You wont need a dpm.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Reply to
Zelestor

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It's tongue and groove and if you want to lay is as a floating floor (as you would for laminate etc) then you need some special clips - not idea how they work but I saw the boxes in wickes the other day :)

If you lay it as a floating floor then I'd have thought the fibreboard underlay that they do would have been fine *if your floorboards are level*.

We ended up going for cheap'n'cheerful laminate. I know it's not real wood but I've been so impressed with the cheap stuff we slapped down in the living room 4 years ago that I accepted SWMBOs instructions without complaint this time.

Yes, it's plastic but as a kid proof cheap floor it's been brilliant :)

Darren

Reply to
dmc