latex screed on concrete floor

Hi All,

I am currently refurbishing a 2 bedroom flat. I recently laid the underfloor heating pipework and laid a concrete screed over the top, to an almost level surface. However, the final floor covering I intend to use is thin rubber sheets (2mm). I placed a test tile on the floor and it's possible to feel the small cracks and slight undulations under the tile when walking over it. Its also going to be a few months before I've finished running cabling and had plastering work completed. In the time being the dust from the concrete is really beginning to bug me...and my wardrobe. The flat is 70sqm.

a few questions then to the experts.

1) Will a latex screed cover the small cracks and level out the undulations (5mm at the most extreme point, 2-3mm average)?

2) Will the latex screed be ok if I leave it uncovered for 6 months while walking on it etc? Does it crack under pressure, i.e. should I leave this until just before I put down the final flooring?

3) I was recommended to use a latex solution called 'Stra', but I can't find mention of it anywhere. Maybe I heard the name wrong, or is there another product I should look for?

thanks in advance for any help, IanJ

Reply to
Ian Johnson