Last nights Million Pound Property Experiment

Good ones. I'd also think ceiling fans: very cheap to put in, a blessing in summer, and some people know it. Adds a 'show' of extras too. Thats only my theory though :)

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Is that the ceiling fans that look like an aircraft propellor from WW1?

I'd always imagined those were a waste of money. But possibly only because I don't have any previous with them!

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Well, having stayed in a non aircon hotel on the beach in Yucatan, all I can say is they made it possible to sleep. When the power failed, it wasn't.

They work, particularly in low humidity environments, and a little on higher humidity.

They aren't a patch on aircon, but they are a lot better than sweet FA.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If youre going to spend 20-40 on something for the house, I cant think of anything that offers better result for your money.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

What about the head injuries?

(Low ceilings in my house ...)

Reply to
Huge

Interestingly, when we let out a property with one of these fitted, the first thing the letting agent said when she saw it was 'get rid of it', so I swapped it for a pendant fitting...

David

Reply to
Lobster

It'd stop me buying the place... Fans are great where mozzies are a problem, a noisy PITA anywhere else.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Ley

Slow turning ceiling fans are almost completely silent.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Interestingly, I noticed that in last night's final 'summing-up' episode, tey made a big point of saying how they had made sure that the fixtures and fittings were genuinely worth 10K...

David

Reply to
Lobster

Perhaps they've been reading these comments and thought, better safe than sorry!

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

I would like to see Nigel given 2 years and a wodge of money and see what he can do. I have no doubt he could make charity more money!

replying to John Rumm, grinfem wrote: Million Pound Property Experiment: has anyone got a recording of episode 4, the one for Harrogate? I know it was ages ago but I used to have it to show to my students and I've lost it!

Reply to
grinfem

It's time you got a more up-to-date video to replace this 13 year old show.

Reply to
Dave W