Labelling Cables

I think he means these:

come in various sizes.

There is a tool which is useful, particularly if the cable size is close to maximum for the size of marker, which consists of a tube which tapers to a point - the cable fits into the open tube and you slide the marker over the pointed end and onto the cable.

You can also use small long nose pliers but the tool is much better. I once used the business end of an old ball pen very successfully.

Reply to
Terry Casey

> They come in various sizes.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Selection of coloured heatshrink bands using the resistor colour code.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

You could do this using the self adhesive number strips too - to be sure to be sure.

Not sure how easy it would be to obtain all those colours in heatshrink.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Very easy from Rapid. All 10 colours plus clear.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

IIRC, the colour-coding is always from the end of the wire - so opposite way round at each end - as a convention, not reading 'from left to right', as that obviously is ambiguous. We had cabinets with numbers running into hundreds, so it was a tad important to get it right.

Reply to
PeterC