Kitchen wall cupboard fixing

Since I removed a kitchen wall unit (in order to fit a new boiler), an
adjacent wall unit has dropped slightly. I intend to jack up the unit to
its original position and then re-fix with wall plugs. Would it be possible
to use window frame fixings, i.e. drill new holes through the back of the
unit and insert the plug, then tighten the screw, without having to remove
the unit from the wall? The unit weighs 24 kilos (empty). The back is
tongue & grooved larch planking and fitted with triangular metal corner
plates. If this is feasible, what would be the recommended type & size of
fixings? The wall behind is exterior and is plaster over a cavity wall -
inner leaf is brick.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Terry D.
Reply to