Kitchen lighting

They have those too with the same capability.

Reply to
2987fr

Spots give what some people consider nice looking shadows, but are lousy as practical work lighting. In a small kitchen you can use the undercounter led strip to do a lot of the lighting. Make sure it's dimmable or switchable to lower levels. Up top lighting can be done with LEDs above the top of upper cabinets, or a strip round the cornice area. If you want the look of spots, add some very low power mainly for decorative effect.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Would one tend to wire them into the lighting? Or stick them on a plug?

Reply to
R D S

I wire them into the lighting, switched by the door (but separate switch for above and below cupboard lights). I recess klik lighting sockets into the walls above and just below the cupboards to plug them in to.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

As ours were added later, they are on a fused spur added next to a socket on the kitchen ring. If I'd planned for them years earlier, they'd have been on the lighting and with two or three gang switch at the kitchen doorways.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

On the lighting circuit.

With a 6 gang light switch if needs must.

Reply to
ARW

Are the scrawny tails on the LED driver a concern? Should there be something between these and the 5A?

Reply to
R D S

Depends. Has the driver got a CE mark on it and if so is it the European one or the Chinese one:-)

Reply to
ARW

For non-spotlight, google "sylcircle", made by Sylvania. Plenty of reviews.

CPC sell them cheaper than Screwfix. You'll want warm white for viewing food, and probably 12W would be sufficient if you have white cupboards and surfaces, or go for 18W. I've got a light gray room twice that size with the 12W, but I don't make food there (just eat).

12W = 800lm 18W = 1100lm
Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Depends on how the kitchen will be used and what other lights will be fitted but I'd pause over lighting which has a single point of failure - and one which requires replacement of the whole unit rather than just fitting a spare bulb. (I know with LEDs the failures should be few and far apart but IMLE Sod is still on the job...)

Reply to
Robin

Spots pool light on the worktop whilst LED strips give an even spread. Problem with LED strip is the adhesive is not strong enough to support the strip flat under the cabinet downward facing. If you have a skirt below the cabinets you can mount the strip vertically and the adhesive then does its job.

5m Strip cool white 5050 £5 and power supply £10-£15. Buy the better quality clips.

Rob

Reply to
Gone Fishin

Not if you have enough of them. ;-)