KIRSCHEN 1101 CHISEL SET @ Axminster - User opinions sought

Anyone got a set and how do they seem to you?

Do they hold an edge well?

Value for money?

Any points/quirks worth knowing about before considering purchase?

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

Only thing puts me off those as a newbie is "managing them" in the future as they got that "hollow" back, but "folded metal" does have it's appeal! Maybe when I have some time under my belt and can appreciate them fully! Less chips sounds about right for my experience level too.

Not got any habits like that (yet) but I am a fan of "the simple" that metric seems to bring for me - learned both as a kid, and feel cosier with metric to be honest. (but let's not start that thread over again, it's been done to death all too recently! :O)

You've made my day! That's the FIRST sensible selection I've made. I've been stumbling around while tying to find my feet, but this time, well just maybe! ;O)

I had to find something as a "starter set" to get the cost per item down and a case matters to me as I don't have a shop, so have to pack everything back onto a shelving unit when I'm done, and these seemed reasonable as long as they were of some quality, if not top quality. The note on the site about the way they were polished suggested they might be good for scarysharp. I'm not keen on plastic handles to be honest - but not against them, just not keen.

Just got to save the last few quid and I think I shall chance my arm next week or so!!

Thanks for the comments - may go for a plane soon too! ;O)