Keston problem and solution

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote | Stefek Zaba writes: | >> My Keston only does the central heating -- hot water is handled | >> by a separate multi-point water heater. | > Careful - we'll start calling you Andrew "Two Combis" Gabriel soon ;-) | Well, "Two Separates" would be more correct in my case...

Hmmm, maybe Component Heating will be the next must-have in-home accessory. With gold-plated braided hose interconnects of course.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You mean you haven't got it?

Obviously hasn't reached north of the border yet then.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

ground beef

1 cup finely chopped onions 7 - 12 cloves garlic 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs ½ cup milk, 2 eggs Oregano basil salt pepper Italian seasoning, etc. Tomato gravy (see index) Fresh or at least freshly cooked spaghetti or other pasta

Mix the ground meats together in a large bowl, then mix each of the other ingredients. Make balls about the size of a baby?s fist (there should be one lying around for reference). Bake at 400°for about 25 minutes - or you could fry them in olive oil. Place the meatballs in the tomato gravy, and simmer for several hours. Serve on spaghetti. Accompany with green salad, garlic bread and red wine.

Newborn Parmesan

This classic Sicilian cuisine can easily be turned into Eggplant Parmesan If you are planning a vegetarian meal. Or you could just as well use veal - after all, you have to be careful - Sicilians are touchy about their young family members...

6 newborn or veal cutlets Tomato gravy (see index) 4 cups mozzarella, 1cup parmesan, 1cup romano Seasoned bre
Reply to
Owain
30 - 45 minutes.

Umbilical Cordon Bleu

Nothing is so beautiful as the bond between mother and child, so why not consume it? Children or chicken breasts will work wonderfully also.

4 whole umbilical chords (or baby breasts, or chicken breasts) 4 thin slices of smoked ham, and Gruyere cheese Flour eggwash (milk and eggs) seasoned bread crumbs 1 onion minced salt pepper butter olive oil

Pound the breasts flat (parboil first if using umbilical cords so they won?t be tough). Place a slice of ham and cheese on each, along with some minced onion then fold in half, trimming neatly. Dredge in flour, eggwash, then seasoned breadcrumbs; allow to sit for a few minutes. Sauté in butter and olive oil until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side.

Shish Kababes

As old as the hills, this technique has employed seafood, beef, pork, lamb, poultry, and vegetables; just about anything can be grilled, and young humans are no exception!

High quality marinade (Teriyaki and garlic perhaps)

1 inch cubes of tender meat, preferably from the nursery Onions bell peppers Wooden or metal skewers

Marinate the meat overnight. Get the grill good and hot while placing meat, vegetables, and fruit such as pineapples or cherries on the skewers. Don?t be afraid to use a variety of meats. Grill to medium rare, serve with garlic cous-cous and sautéed asparagus. Coffee and sherbet for desert then walnuts, cheese,

Reply to
Andy Hall

Right, back now & I will post it. Will see if I can make it work with an ascii art so it is archivable, otherwise I will make a sketch & post is somewhere binary friendly.

Reply to
fred

In article , Andrew Gabriel writes

I'd forgotten you'd mentioned something about this in the past, controlling from a PC IIRC. Didn't fancy a PC doing the work so my plan is to do the control with dedicated hardware (an FPGA) as that is my area of expertise. Needless to say the system is running on a basic room stat & TRVs setup until I get a chance to set up the hardware for a multizone job ;-)

Yes I see your point, mine runs for about 20mins at a time on hot water but no help for you there.

Re the trap filling, maybe that's a good reason to have a flexible hose on the condensate drain so you could raise it above the level of the trap & fill from a funnel. That might also be a way to reverse flush the combustion chamber in a colonic irrigation kinda way - sorry, don't know where that little bit of imagery came from, maybe that feeling following too much turkey dinner.

Reply to
fred

Def seconded on that one (running weak). I set mine up using their timed meter rate method (wot a joke) and as a result set it far too weak. I hired an analyser (HSS do them) and once it was set up properly it hasn't been a problem. Running weak also caused serious ignition problems.

Reply to
fred