JIS #000 screwdriver

Anyone know where I can get a good quality one at a reasonable price? Best I have spotted so far is Amazon which is more than £12 including delivery. It *must* be JIS, not Phillips!

Reply to
newshound

Best bet for all tools cheap is your local car boot sale.

Reply to
harry

Can you wait?

Andy Burns

Not for one of these. I have a couple of "boxed sets" of assorted small bits, and a couple of "iPhone screwdriver sets" which are typical of eBay / Car Boot, none of them have a decent JIS 000. I expect to pay a bit more for a well machined hardened bit. I don't mind buying a small set although a single would be best. I'm not *completely* convinced by this one

which is why I'd like a recommendation.

Radiospares web site is down at the moment otherwise I would look there.

Reply to
newshound

Thanks, that looks more like it, and it has a 0000 as well as an 000. About a fiver each. I'll wait a day or so in case anyone else has suggestions.

Reply to
newshound

Tools from engineer.jp are normally well regarded, DZ-02 seems to be a #000, just 42p on rakuten but £17 delivery, unless you can find it elsewhere?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Rubbish, Phillips is designed to cam out for automated manufacture. JIS is far superior. And my screws are "old" JIS.

Reply to
newshound

I looked for you earlier! Couldn't see anything.

It's only a two hour pre-announced maintenance outage.

Reply to
Bob Eager

If you are desperate you can file/grind the tip of the point off a philips driver to make it fit JIS better.

I would think a PZ would work better but I don't have any suitable screws I want to try either on.

Reply to
dennis

0 results.
Reply to
Swera

Because I've got JIS #1 screws so the DIN won't fit. Perhaps *you* didn't read it:

"The JIS standard screwdriver will always outperform a DIN/ISO screw driver in the worst of conditions on a JIS screw, and the same is true in reverse".

Reply to
newshound

True, but I don't believe any of my current small screwdrivers are hardened. And 000 and 0000 are *tiny*.

Reply to
newshound

Thanks, but think I might go with your other link.

:-)

Reply to
newshound

For me ...

"0 results for 153215853302

13 items found from eBay international sellers"

with a link to the intended item.

It appears eBay have changed their URL format from the one I have bookmarked and this works better

Andy Burns

Ordered a pair, $13. Don't expect to use them often, but sometimes only the right tool will do. The rubber eye-cup on a camera has slightly pinged out of its two-piece holder, and is only going to go back properly by dismantling.

Reply to
newshound

I know, I have a PZ 000 and thats small.

PZ are closer to JIS than Philips.

Philips are designed to cam out when too much force is applied.

PZ and JIS don't have the tapered wings that Philips have so don't cam out as easily.

Reply to
dennis