JG Underfloor Heating Unit

I notice that Screwfix do a JG Underfloor Heating Unit (for single room use) consisting of a pump, a (seemingly mechanical) thermostatic mixing valve, a few pipe fittings, a pipe stat and some "internal wiring". The whole thing costs nigh on £400! Assuming the pump (which is the only major item) to be worth no more than about £50, can anyone enlighten me as to what's in it to justify the remaining £350?

Reply to
Roger Mills

It is expensive, especially as BES have the Polyplumb Zone Regulation Unit at about =C2=A3250 which does the same thing.

See

and search for 'polyplumb zone'.

I have one these, fitted a year ago. No problem whatsoever. The only issue is that Polyplumb connections can't be disassembled like JGs and refitted without changing the internals - on the other hand they don't fall apart either.

To answer the question, you also get at thermostatic mixing valve and a mounting plate.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

You can buy an RWC UFH TMV[1] for 60 notes from toolstation, a pump for not much and bunch of fittings and off you go.

[1] Reliance Water Controls, not a Nevereardofem special Under Floor Heating Thermostatic Mixing Valve
Reply to
John Stumbles