Is this expensive for partition wall battens

I have been quoted this for 2 x 2 wood for building a partition wall....

47 X 50 MM WHITEWOOD OFF SAW TREATED 48.00 £77.02 100 M £36.97 I think the above means 48M charged at £77 per 100M rate =£36.97

Question ..does it have to be treated? or should I be able to use something cheaper?

The wall will be this size... Wall width (9ft 8inches 2 x lengths) Floor ceiling height (9ft 9 inches x 8 lengths)

Reply to
ss

No need for treated wood, unless its likely to get wet regularly, eg next to a bath.

NT

Reply to
NT

2x2 for a partition wall is very slender. If skimmed it'll pop bits of the skim off, and either way it'll conduct sound terribly unless you take effective soundproofing measures. 2x4 is more usual.
NT

Thanks for reply NT. Not bothered about sound insulation as it to create a walk-in wardrobe in our bedroom.

Reply to
ss

Ah, no worries then. I presume you've called a few suppliers for prices. If you slap some wet plaster roughly on the back of the front PB sheets you'll get a more solid feel to it.

NT

Reply to
NT

The cheapest suitable timber will probably be designated CLS. Failing that, Kiln Dried Sawn will be next cheapest.

No need for treated in most cases...

Reply to
John Rumm

This is the 'correct' stuff

it works out to £1.09M.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

planed, its also a little smaller than normal "sawn" timber. Not a problem if starting fresh, but can cause grief when adding to existing studwork that is a few mm wider.

Reply to
John Rumm