internal wall sound insulation

Do you really have to lay concrete blocks horizontal for a wall between a bathroom and a bedroom?

Philip

Reply to
Philipj.cosson

Most modern walls between upstairs rooms are not built with blocks at all, but plasterboard and timber.

The only time walls are built with blocks 'on their side' are for walls between properties, or for supporting steelwork, who has given you this golden nugget of misinformation?

Reply to
Phil L

My architectural technician said I needed to watch out for part E of the building regs - building a wall to make a new bathroom next to a bedroom. It is in block as I need to 'tie in' the existing walls as much as possible.

When i look in part E - the only diagram with single block is with the blocks horizontal. I just wondered if anyone had had to do this, or if anyone had got away with a single leaf concrete block internal wall recently.

All I can say about the building regs is - thank goodness there are a finite number of letters in the alphabet!

Reply to
Philipj.cosson

wrote

Ah but then there's Greek alphabet, colours, numbers, dotted numbers. Hopefully, by the time they reach Part AAA-Beta-Magenta-6010.02b we'll not be in a position to care!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

I see.

Are you sure they were blocks and not actually bricks?

Yes, everyone who has had to build an internal wall with blocks.

You can't have a nine inch wall seperating a bedroom from a bathroom - it's totally way OTT - what's going to hold that weight up?

Reply to
Phil L