Interior Door Supplier - Recommendations?

Hi,

I'm replacing all of the interior doors in our house and am looking for any recommendations / experiences when it comes to picking a manufacturer or supplier. I'm looking for 4 panel oak (wooden veneer on a core is fine) - something "unfinished" so I can stain/varnish as required.

I was initially advised (by a shop) to go for the JBKind "Derwent" range of doors (and they do indeed seem to have a good set of sizes whcih is good in my wonky and randomly sized door frames - I think we may have to cut into the core on some of the stiles though - hmmm...

I've since had the Howden's range of 4 panel oak doors recommended.

Any thoughts or experiences on these suppliers would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Jon

Reply to
jonaxe

Why not pay a little extra go direct to a joiners and buy real solid oak?

I got mine from Acorn doors.

Have look here

might be surprised at how little real quality doors cost.

When there isn't a marketing/distrubtion chain between you and the manufacturer.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I use

and have no reason not to again. There are several with similar names though - use this link to get to the one I know!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

go on surprise me ......

Reply to
jim

Hi,

Thanks for the pointer. Interestingly, they seem to supply JB Kind (amongst others) and much cheaper than the supplier I went to originally.

Jon

Reply to
jonaxe