Insulating utility room

That was a type of cladding not recommended by the manufacturer for high rise buildings but ok for buildings less that 18m in height.

Could that have been due to your social skills?

Reply to
Fredxx

Classic mistake. Net flow of water vapour is from interior to exterior, if you block its exit the wall is likely to get damp, very gradually.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

"breathable water repellent". I chose those words carefully and such stuff is available.

Reply to
Andrew

Nonsense.

It is the overall construction that determines fire resistance, not the type of insulation. Plasterboard, with properly taped and sealed joints is a very good fire barrier.

Reply to
Andrew

Which was insulated with Celotex 'XR', which as I recollect, at the time, you refused to accept that it contributed to the fire.

Reply to
Andrew

Actually it was the decorative cladding that was the issue more than the celotex.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You can certainly buy products that describe themselves as that. Since water moves from interior to exterior they are of little use. And they grossly reduce breathability of the exterior surface, promoting damp.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr