Insulating the outside of a wall to cure 'cold spot'

An otherwise warm room suffers from condensation in one corner because, I think, a 1m length is only half a brick thick where the hallway on the other side ends and the open porch outside the front door begins.

I want to insulate this wall from the porch side - is there any material designed to be used externally, or should I use insulation slabs of some kind with a covering of ply or similar? The area is only about 1m wide x 2m high. Will be grateful for any ideas.

Peter

Reply to
petermeakins

I would put up a celotex / cement board sandwich (screw through both) and render, or even stick on brick tiles, whatever to blend in. Since it is basically sheltered, no issues with rain penetration. A concern about solid walls / rising damp being trapped or coming through other side ? Well unlikely I would have thought, however for such a small area you could always do a DIY damp course - there is a cream available now that does not need a pressure pump. Can't remember the name. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson