Insulating Cold Water Tank (Poly Tank PT2000 24x18x19)

The plastic tank (put in by someone ages ago) will now be removed and sit in the loft, on a wooden board 40mm thick. I don't think it needs to sit on special insulation.

There is about a six foot length of plastic padding stuff that is the insulation. Also a two foot long piece as well.

I think it's up to insulation requirements, if the six foot length wraps round the side of the tank and the two foot piece sits on top.

course I must also insulate all the pipework.

Please, anyone, let me know if I'm not insulating correctly, but according to the link, I think I've got all the the insulation that originally came with the tank.

Reply to
Richard

An old trick used to be not to put insulation under the tank, so the heat from below would reduce the likelihood of a freeze up. I expect modern loft insulation techniques would not allow this...

spamlet

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Richard saying something like:

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon