Insulated radiator pipes

Saw the daftest thing today, insulation on radiator pipes between the floor and the radiator. What do they hope to achieve by this?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Oh, maybe it looks nice? I suspect its just the end of the bit under the floor perhaps?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

To stop the kids from banging sharp toys (cars, etc) into them. DAMHIKT

Reply to
John

Sharp enough to break a pipe? What kind of toys do you give your kids?

What's that mean?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

It didn't.

No, it was seperate bits of foam.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

It hides the earth wires on local council contracts.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

It stops the mice from burning themselves when they run into the pipes.

Reply to
Nightjar

But asking shows that it was an excessive acronym usage.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I remove unsightly earth wires. They are unnecessary as the earth/neutral comes in through the main cable into the house.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

On Tue, 05 Aug 2014 23:10:04 +0100, Nightjar

Reply to
Uncle Peter

"Uncle Peter" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@red.lan:

They are "Bonding" to ensure everything is at the same potential.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

UnclePeter likes to troll.

Or he really is a dangerous bastard.

Either way, best ignored....

Reply to
Tim Watts

AMIIGAF

Reply to
John Rumm

Don't feed the trolls....

Reply to
John Rumm

Our 9 month old granddaughter got a badly blistered leg when she crawled up against a hot radiator pipe. They now have some insulation round the pipes.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

But the radiator is the same temperature as the pipe.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

She probably don't levitate 12" off the ground when crawling...

Reply to
John Rumm

A radiator isn't meant to be that hot, try turning down the stat on your boiler. If you can scald yourself on a radiator, you could melt something and cause a fire.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Rubbish. Anything above 43C can cause burns, hence the use of low surface temperature radiators for places like nursing homes.

Reply to
Nightjar