Insulated Plasterboard - suppliers & prices

Hi,

I, (me and my builder), are kind of tanking a flat which is about 6 bricks below ground at the front, and at ground level at the rear. He has suggested a thick layer of visqueen the full height of the walls, an concreted 6 inches below floor level. There will then be a 5mm layer of bitumen, (or whatever), on the floor.

The visqueen will then be battened, and insulated plasterboard fitted to the battens.

I have said that I will try and find cheaper suppliers, (he is suggesting around £8 per sheet for Knauf board, as against around £3 for ordinary plasterboard).

I have identified Knauf, Kingspan, and Lafarge, as manufacturers of insulated plasterboard, but cannot find any suppliers with prices on the web.

Any ideas, or urls?

Many Thanks

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

some insulated boards are in the order of 20- 25, 8x4 sheets that is. last time I did one I used 8x4 sheets of polystyrene at 4.5 each plus dreaded and screwed plasterboards over top with 50mm rust proof screws. Could always cut insulation between battens if space is an issue.

Reply to
legin