Insulate article in Green Lib Dem website

I've just published an article about insulation etcera on the GreenLibDem website:

I hope i havent made too many mistokes! George

Reply to
George Miles

Surely the biggest mistake is publishing it where no-one will see it.

Reply to
alan_m

google search machine should see it shouldnt they?

Reply to
George Miles

I got as far as the word 'planet' then vomited.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Technically very poor and inaccurate. Especially over the benefits of inside/outside insulation.

Also pretty bad idea putting it on a politically orientated website. The majority of people won't visit it.

This site gives a better explanation.

I have a highly insulated house, the main problem is "infiltration" (draughts).

Reply to
harry

As that party has a good track record of being opportunist lairs no-one is going to believe anything written on their site.

Reply to
alan_m

Its an extraordinary tribute to the application of dubious logic to a completely false premise.

Still I am sure the Faithful will find it very appealing

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

As a fan of "good regulation" I assume you are complying. So why no mention of that? How about adding a copy of your building notice(s)? And telling people about the BCO's visits?

Reply to
Robin

more regulation makes it unaffordable for many to insulate. We need high in sulation specs on new builds, but any improvement to existing houses should be legal. As it is, meeting government targets is sometimes unworkable or unaffordable, the result being no insulation. Your article fails to disting uish the 2.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Noting in the recent snow that the older houses keep the snow on their roofs, the newer ones don't.

Reply to
charles

The newer houses may have more powerful/comprehensive heating systems.

Reply to
Huge

The exact opposite IME

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Do solar panels still work with a layer of snow?

Reply to
alan_m

+1 to both :-)
Reply to
newshound

True, but they're supposed to have better insulation.

Reply to
charles

that's what it should be,

Reply to
charles

No but where they are not covered they are contributing over 2GW at 1030am.

Some of that energy will be receiving in excess of £500/MWh subsidy

The Other Mike

Why not include references to the updated building regulations you mention in your opening paragraph ...

"the Conservatives are cutting building regulations 'red tape' on insulation"

... because there aren't any? The only thing I see, due to come into effect in April, for domestic part-L is to do with updating heating controls when boilers are replaced.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Snow remaining on the roof of an older property is often a sign that it has been retrofitted with insulation such as rockwool above the ceilings on the floor of the loft as most on here will know, What can catch the less aware is that sometimes not enough attention was given to adequately insulate any piping that may be above the layers of insulation such as to a loft tank mounted on a platform. When built heat loss from the living quarters below provided a little warmth and all was hunky dory but now as the resident relaxes knowing the heat they have paid for isn't rapidly going up to warm pigeons feet those ovelooked pipes are at risk from freezing. A nasty flood could end up causing damage costs that outweighs all the savings made on heating costs made over a period.

GH

Reply to
damduck-egg

Ive read the rplies .. A few general tribalist insults at the LibDems, some general criticism but no specific instance of a mistake in my writing...

"Technically very poor and inaccurate. Especially over the benefits of inside/outside insulation. "

"Its an extraordinary tribute to the application of dubious logic to a completely false premise."

what is innaccurate? what false premise? what dubious logic?

[george]

George

Reply to
George Miles