instant freeze after television connection

Neighbours Humax pvr 9200T freezes the television program picture about two seconds just after the downloader program has done its job. It does exactly the same thing everytime.

We have tried swithching off the power and disconnecting all the lead connections for minutes and we are no better off. I suspect it not do the recent software update that was sent out very recently. We will do this as soon as we can get some movement out of it.

Since after many repeated attempts to get something to happen immediately after connecting to a television program, would anyone have any ideas on what might best be done now? Thanks for advice.

Reply to
john hamilton

Have you tried what Humax call a default reset? (They say this will not delete any recordings).

  1. Power OFF the receiver
  2. Disconnect the Aerial cable
  3. Power On the receiver
  4. Press MENU
  5. Select Installation
  6. Enter your password (default = 0000)
  7. Select Default Setting
  8. Select YES
  9. Enter your password (Default = 0000)
  10. When the receiver restarts, power off
  11. Connect the Aerial Cable
  12. Power ON - the receiver will then search for the channels.
Reply to
Robin

Robin, you're a Top Man. We are now up and running again. Obviously we only had half the story disconnecting the leads. Many thanks.

Reply to
john hamilton

...snip...

Had the same problem myself a few months ago. The key is disconnecting the aerial so it cannot find a signal and try and display pictures then crash! Then you have time to go through the menus etc.

Paul DS.

Reply to
Paul D Smith