installing new toilet with macerator

I'll shortly be installing a new toilet/washbaisin into a disused downstairs room using a macerator, question I have is, will it be OK to run the 32mm waste pipe clipped along the exterior house wall for

5m, or does it have to be buried?

we dont get an auful lot of frost here on Anglesey the sea seems to keep us above freezing for the most!!

thanks.

Reply to
Staffbull

I've just been looking up, and apparentley I have to discharge into the soil stack. The reason I am fitting a macerator is that the soil stack is on the other side of the house with the manhole (yes the one I posted about the drain) in the middle (outside!) so much easier to tap into the manhole, infact the only way I can do it!! I take it it's not allowed?

Reply to
Staffbull

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:05:34 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be Staffbull wrote this:-

Personally I would go for the ones which discharge into 22mm pipe. This is relatively easy to put through the inside of a house. Copper pipe is best.

Provided it is laid to the right fall, not too steep and not too shallow, it should drain adequately and thus not be liable to freezing. However, I would rather adopt an internal run and avoid the question all together.

What do the instructions say about pipe sizes for various lengths of run?

I don't see why not, if done properly. The connection to the manhole would be a standard sized soil pipe sticking up a little above the ground to reduce the velocity as the discharge enters the manhole. The connection inside would mean connecting one of the plastic blanks or modifying the benching of a brick manhole.

I wouldn't take the discharge of a macerator directly into a manhole for it to spray all over the brickwork/plastic(/myself working on the manhole) as it emerges from a small bore pipe.

Reply to
David Hansen

Use a commercial unit the domestic units are crap.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

as it were....

Reply to