Installing a Drayton programmer on a hand-valve system

Hi there,
I have what the FAQ calls a "very basic installation" with a hand
valve to switch the CH off during the summer, but otherwise the boiler
heats both the CH and HW at the same time. I wanted to get a new
programmer / timer recently and, not really knowing what I was doing,
picked up one that has dual controls (a Tempus something, 5 maybe...?)
Unfortunately when I tried to install it I discovered I only have
three wires to work with (I guess because there is only one control).
Is it possible to use the programmer I have? Of course I won't get
separate controls, but it would be great to at least be able to use
the programmer I have.
If it's not possible, is there a suitable programmer anyone could
recommend?
thanks a lot for any help!!
Michael
Reply to