Injecting support for a shower tray

There was a case, IIRC involving an ICI pesticice, that held that instructions were part of the product and faulty instructions meant that the product itself could be regarded as faulty.

If you bought the tray as a consumer I think you could expect it to come with sufficient instructions that it could be fitted by a competent DIYer or professional. Therefore you may have recourse against the retailer if you can show your plumber followed the inadequate instructions and it all went wrong.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Well, as of yet nothing is broken...I hope to manage not to break anything by suppotying the trsy, one way or the other, before it gets much use. To the best of my knowledge the plumber is a good bloke with an excellent reputation, so fingers crossed...

Reply to
barkerben

NIce trick., I usually end up fixing wood battens to cheap baths with car body filler. Use of foam is a good alternative.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Youre really asking for a disaster. Do post the pics.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Someone I knew as a student had a nasty accident in an acrylic bath. She stood up to get out, and her foot went through the bottom. The broken edge sliced through some tendons and she was still not recovered a year later.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If by "hose" you mean 1/2" garden hose probably not but a narrow bore tube probably. Just don't use anything you want to use again...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice