Indesit WM bearing replacement help

Hi

My task for today is to replace the bearings on my indesit washing machine. Problem is, i cant undo the bolts that hold the pulley onto the shaft and the spider onto the drum. They are torx40 profiles and i just cant get the leverage.

Can anyone recommend a tool i can get from the local sheds that would help me get enough torque to undo these pesky bolts. Tried fixing a torx bit onto my socket set but cant get a solid fit.

Many thanks

Mark

Reply to
Mark Trueman

anyone?? im pretty desperate, id even consider advice from dIMM as valuable.

Cheers

Reply to
Mark Trueman

Get a tool for the job like

example

Reply to
powerstation

Hi Mark, I have just had the same problem. After rounding off the inside of the bolt , I hammered in an oversize bit and managed to undo it. The problem now is where to buy a replacement bearing kit for an Indesit WD12X and more so how do you remove the bearing???

Can you help?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

hi bruce

I managed to get a bearing kit off ebay (its the same as that used in ariston machines), but i couldnt get the bearings out of the spider, even after 2 hours bashing them to pieces with a chisel and hammer. So i ended up buying a new washing machine!!!

But i do have a bearing set that you can have if you are interested, all i ask is postage and i'll send it to you. Bear in mind that it is hard to get the bearings out of the spider (of course you need to get the spider off the drum by undoing the other 8 torx bolts.

In the end i got a ratchet and a t40 socket driver from halfords (cost about =A315) to get the bolts off and it worked a dream. To get the spider off i undid the 8 bolts holiding it on the drum and then put a bit of wood over the drum shaft and gave it a whack with a hammer. Then i lifted the spider slightly and repeated the whack/lift process until i managed to pull the spider off. Once the spider is off you can drive the bearings out with a chisel and hammer apparently. This i where i gave up and buggered up my spider. I did find a whole spider/bearing replacement kit for about 50 quid somewhere, but our machine was old and i thought i might as well send it off to the washing machine graveyard at our local dump.

Email me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com if you are interested in the bearing kit (front and back bearings and seal)

Reply to
Mark Trueman