Improving the surface of new concrete

Last week I had to lay some concrete outdoors. Far too cold and late in the year (but it's a base for an oil tank, so I needed to get it done). So I had to cover it up overnight to protect it from frost.

I'd produced a good surface prior to covering it, but the weight of the plastic tarpaulin on top of the plastic sheeting going on too soon has resulted in a tatty surface with little folds and irregularities.

How best to clean up/improve the surface?

Reply to
dom

The concrete could still be soft enough for you to 'rub it up' using another flat piece of concrete, (a bit of broken paving slab). You could also make up a sloppy mixture of PVA & Portland Cement and brush that over the surface. If you can incorporate some very fine silver sand into the mixture so much the better. Make it sloppy enough and it will self level.

Dont forget to leave a good 'back fall' on the tank supports away from the outlet so that water and muck collects away from the outlet.

Reply to
Merryterry