Ideas & Opinions request

The non tap end of my bath is about 37cm from a buttress and the buttress is about half the width of the bath. But I've had what I think is a bright idea. This is to build with 18mm ply a shelving partition type thing. This will be made of 4 lengths of the plywood making a tall box section about 37cm square to fit into the corner between bath and buttress. In the 2 exposed sides I will cut paired rectangular holes. And these paired holes will become cubby hole shelves accessible from both adjacent sides.

My current finnishing choice is to tile the shelf spaces. Then cut mahogany to 8 - 10mm thick boards and glue them to the plywood. But this is where I am wavering. The mahogany (chosen because I have made the bath panel with it) will be a dark red colour and I'm unsure of what colour tiles to buy for the shelf spaces. So your opinion/views would be welcome here.

The alternative finish would be mosaic tiles on the exterior.

Any better ideas out there?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to