HP Thinkjet or Quietjet???

Chris that is excellent news - though I need the variant that has the RS232 interface. I think that's the 2225D model.

Where are you based - I'm in East Sussex

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

You might find a converter like:

fix that...

Reply to
John Rumm

Then again, I just looked at the price of some of the converters... the right printer would be cheaper ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

If you really must do GPIB, ISA bus cards are cheap. You just need to find an old PC to put them in. I'm surprised there isn't a cheap microcontroller solution though - GPIB is just a slightly more complicated parallel port.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

No I need a SERIAL connected printer - the instrument only has a SERIAL interface

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I think the suggestion was serial into an old PC, and GPIB out, just using the PC as a standards converter (even if a bit bulky!)

Reply to
John Rumm

FFS if you are going that route. use your main PC equipped with a serial board and drive any damed printer you want any way you can.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have an old HP Laserjet 4000, that has a serial port on the back, you can get them on eBay or Freecycle if you are lucky like I was!

Reply to
Toby

The object of the exercise is getting a printout from a HP logic analyser which only has a serial port, and a very limited selection of supported printers... So if the only printer it will talk to is only easily available in IEEE-488 then your options are limited a bit.

(although I would be inclined to try a binary capture on the PC and then lobbing the file at a modern PCL printer and seeing what happens)

Reply to
John Rumm