How to set up the Automatic Air Vent in my Boiler?

Hi All,

I simple one I hope.

How tight/loose does the screw on metal cap need to be the Automatic Air Vent in my Boiler in order to function correctly (or at least to function until a bit of grit gets in there).

Many thanks, Steve

Reply to
Ragworm The Abominable

It should only be opened, one quarter of a turn.

Reply to
Rusty Nail

I wouldn't leave it opened myself.

If there's so much air getting into the system that it it needs to be vented frequently then there is something that needs serious attention I'd suggest.

Reply to
PeTe33

It is always good practice to follow the manufacturers instructions, if they say leave it open 1/4 turn, do it.

Reply to
Rusty Nail

After changing the water after a radiator move I've left the vent 'fairly' loose.

Have another change scheduled for later this month at which point I'll add some Fernox.

My concern is that there may be a leak somewhere that lets in air, but I have no idea where in the plumbing the leak is ...

Reply to
Ragworm The Abominable