how to laquer laminate floorboards?

In our house is laminate flooring, some Kronotex, and another only with "Made in France" stamped on it. My wife wished to laquer the floor, as water gets in the joins and the MDF then warps at these edges. Now I know anything spilt on the laminate boards (acrylic, polyurethane or enamel) will scrape off easily. I called the Kronotex distributor, who said you can't laquer it with anything, it's not meant to be, nothing will work. I looked at some websites of American comopanies selling flooring, and saw the same advice. Then we found something that does stick to laminate floor (provided you clean it properly). It is called KWIK STEP from Cabot's, part of the Orica conglomerate. It is rather expensive - about twice as much as other laquers. Has anybody else found a laquer that sticks to laminate?

Reply to
efffemm

Ive successfully varnished the el cheapo laminate in our bathroom for exactly the above reasons. It said the same thing on the packet... Do not varnish etc etc.. I used Focus own brand super tough floor varnish. Comes in a can and looks like milk. Slapped it on, and its never come off and sealed the gaps nicely. Even with the kids letting shower water spray everywhere, never had the joins swell. However, this was glue together laminate (which I hate). Not sure how well it would work with click laminate, as the small amount of movement in the joins may cause it to crack and become useless...

Reply to
Spike