How to get an exact paint match?

That wasn't my experience during three years of selling paint and we shipped an awful lot of magnolia in particular. (Occasionally there would be a problem with in-store mixes, not because of any inherent problem with the system, but because the operator used the wrong base. And having several colours with the same name in the database; that didn't help either. )

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Well perhaps the Dulux sales director who I knew didn't really know anything about the products...

Reply to
Jerry

Sales? Director? Product knowledge?

Reply to
Chris Hodges

Well as I said, it is always possible that the people who run the business know nothing about the products, but then perhaps those people who are merely 'end users' don't know as much as they think they know - take your pick!

Reply to
Jerry

In message , MM writes

In the past I've matched colours by cleaning the wall and matching to the closest colour on the "mix your own colour" sample cards, if the colour's slightly out you can feather then new paint into the old over a few inches. If you are able to paint up to internal or external corners you can get away with murder in colour difference. Having said all that I've just done a repair on some magnolia walls of unknown paint source using a can of new magnolia of the same sheen and it really was all but unnoticeable.

Reply to
bof