How to find out what the source of my household water is?

Is it possible / feasible to track back from a water main to the original source of the water? I live in an area where there is some river extraction, some boreholes and some supplied from distant reservoirs.

Is there a website somewhere where you can pop in your postcode and get an answer to where the water was pumped from?

Just curious, its part of a local debate I'm having!

Thanks!

Matt

Reply to
larkim

Ring the water company - ask to speak to someone technical. Or write in.

Reply to
Tim Watts

No idea what the answer to your query is, but your posting reminded me of a remark I heard many decades ago from a Professor of Geography at Cambridge, "Every englishman knows where his pee will finish up in the sea"!

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

The problem is that often all feeds go via a treatment works to make sure the water is OK, so it could in fact be a mixture, unless you are directly connected to a bore hole as some very rural places seem to be, but they usually have a monitoring station and of course a pumping station around. Could be quite complex.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff