How to find out what, if any, ventilation required for boiler

The boiler is a Potterton Suprima 60

It's sat in the utility, which _used_ to have a door through to the garage, but now doesn't. There's no ventilation in there at all - no air brick, no trickle vents, and now no cracks in the wooden floor to the (very well ventilated) void below. There's a uPVC door to outside, and a standard internal door through to the kitchen (which has an extractor fan to outside).

Obviously there's a small flu to the outside from the back of the boiler.

How do I find out or calculate what ventilation the boiler needs, if any?

There are lots of technical details written onto the boiler which mean nothing to me...

input (Gross) Q = 75000 / 63500kW Output = 60000 99000 kW Gas Rate = 210 CU 74 20 m/h 1-78 Cu 62-90 ft/h (all hand written, so please excuse typos).

It works, though there are still so many holes in the floors throughout the rest of the house that it's hardly starved of ventilation _yet_.

Any ideas? I'm going to get it serviced (though the previous owner claimed to have done so, and have it under an "expensive British Gas service contract"), but don't want someone to condemn it because of some problem.

Cheers, David.

Reply to
David Robinson

there is a standard reg on this in building regs.

A 4" pipe will be enough for any boiler.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ventilation for what? Does it have a balanced flue? If so, the air for combustion comes in through that, and the only ventilation required will be to stop the fan motor (if any) and PCB from overheating.

If its combustion air needs to come from the room, it's a different matter! But I'm pretty sure that the Suprima 60 is a fan-assisted balanced-flue jobbie - so it only needs ventilation if enclosed in a fairly tightly fitting box, such as a kitchen cabinet.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I guess it is a balanced flue, so that answers the question. I was hoping to find the instructions on-line to confirm, but other similar named newer models dominate the search results! Looking at the thing though, it's obvious it's a balanced flue now I've read what one of those is! Thanks.

I'm planning to put it in a kitchen cabinet eventually. I could easily leave/cut a big hole in the top though.

Cheers, David.

Reply to
David Robinson

I have a pdf copy if you want it.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

From the front cover of the manual:

Installation & Service Instructions Suprima 30 - 80 Wall Mounted Fan Assisted Balanced Flue Gas Boilers

(drop me an email David if you want a copy)

Reply to
John Rumm