How do you say you don't want a smart meter, just an ordinary one?

Just watch out for the wording of your new electricity contract. Some stipulate that you must have a smart meter with X months of signing up. If this is not done because you have refused to have a smart meter the T&C of the contract allow them to immediately put you on their higher price standard tariff.

Reply to
alan_m

I did hear again (after opting out). I told them I thought they were in breach of the (then) Data Protection Act by using my data for a purpose I had not agreed to and they would either have to take me off the list or provide a written explanation of the legal basis for use of my personal data to allow me to investigate a potential breach of DPA. .

Reply to
Scott

Meter Certification is NOT bullshit, it is a legal requirement normally requiring the meter to be replaced at the end of the certification period. Normally this is 20 to 30 years but can be as much as 50.

You can check the certification period of a meter here

Tufnell Park

Brian Gaff used his keyboard to write :

I would expect them to just install a smart meter, but not make use of the smart functions.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Modern smart meters can use their own dedicated radio network(2) that is nothing to do with the mobile network, and does not require access to the customers internet either.

Reply to
John Rumm

We ignored it, for the reasons mentioned above.

They have written again.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris