House airbricks inside conservatory?

Just outside my patio door there are two air bricks which are two bricks high. I'd like to have the conservatory there so these will be inside the conservatory. Is this a problem?

anon

They can be ducted under the conservatory floor. Failing that you can use a suspended floor with grilles on the outside

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPONiX

mine have been in the conservatory since the 1940s, no problem, the dogs usually lie with their noses near them.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

They are double bricks and are situated two foot above floor level.

?

anon

Likely they used to open into a designated food storage cupboard. Builders used to have to provide a ventilated space for storing food, (still do ?) . Ours was in a most inconvenient base unit next to the sink, the back of the base unit had been opened up by the builders with a pickaxe (apparently). the airbricks were mortared up many moons ago. Doesn't seem to a big issue now (we all have fridges), unless maybe in new build.

If you have airbricks below DPC level ventilating the underfloor of the house which will be occluded by the conservatory you can add extra ones nearby to make up for losing them when the concervatory is built.

DG

Reply to
derek *