Hot water heating - primary circuit

I have a pumped primary to my h/w cylinder. I lost some water from the heating system when I removed a rad and capped the pipework to it. I now find that the central heating circuit works fine but the h/w circuit does not. The pump is very hot but the pipework around it is not. Has the pump failed or does the problem lie elsewhere?

Reply to
AGTKin

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (AGTKin) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m28.aol.com:

You may have an airlock in the cylinder primary, due to losing water in the work

There may be a bleed valve at the highest point in the circuit, which you can use, or manualy open the three port valve to allow water into the cylinder circuit.

HTH

mike

Reply to
mike ring