Hoover Drill

Anyone got one? What is it like?

Thinking of getting one.

Mookamoo

dust compared to say using a circular saw or a router. Although that drill you show might be useful when drilling holes in walls above carpeted surfaces, I can't really see that it would be of much use anywhere else - and it obviously adds to the weight of the drill.

IMHO you'd probably be better spending your money on one of those drill bit attachments that catches the dust, IRC Screwfix sell these, and saving some money on the drill.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I use an envelope on the rare occasions dust is a problem. Just lick the glue and stick it to the wall below the spot requiring drilling.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

I use a dustpan - the old fashioned scuttle design (in plastic, not metal), not the cheap+nasty open topped version where the muck you brush into the pan goes right over the back and out again :-)

It's also useful for catching water and can get into some spaces where a bucket or bowl can't.

Reply to
John Stumbles

What a fantastic idea! I'll give that a go - and the dustpan below.

The simple things are the best

Cheers

Reply to
Mookamoo