Homebase Soveriegn four stroke mower [150cc methinks] Hunting

The unit is fairly new but after around 6 months storage I have found it "hunts".

From what I can gather the fuel I left in the system has probably gummed up the carb.

Anyone got any experience or tips' apart of course from the obvious one of burning any excess fuel off next time.

The internet seems to suggest a solvent for the jet or an ultrasonic bath.

The thing is a few hundred miles away, so I would like to be sure I'm prepared when I next visit.

Regards

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Just had trouble starting the chainsaw after being unused for either one or two years, but a tank of new fuel had it running absolutely fine. I would try that first, before stripping and cleaning the carb.

Only ran for half an hour, though, before the chain oil pump stopped feeding, fukit. Last time that was a stripped gear; not investigated yet. (Ryobi).

Reply to
newshound

I put fuel in and had to refill the tank doing the somewhat meager winter growth. Consumption is up on last year!

The peaks in output produce dark smoke so it would seem that there is a carb related problem.

I'll take a few hand tools and some pipe cleaning solvent [I think its butanol], maybe this will do the trick.