Homebase chrome waste non-standard size

Just got around to looking at the nice expensive wastetrap for the basin that I've bought as a part of a complete bathroom suite from Homebase, and it's a non-standard size. The bore seems to be about 30mm, so just too small for any of the standard 32mm pipes or fittings to connect to.

It's made in Italy, is a lovely bit of kit, but is probably going to have to go back (doubtless via the courier who delivered it, just to add to the fun.)

Before I give up, does this ring any bells? Is there an adaptor I might be able to use..? Any info welcome.

G.

Reply to
G.W. Walker

What does Homebase reckon you should connect it to?

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

The chromed basin traps I've come across have been the right size to fit

32mm push-fit couplings (or compression) rather than solvent weld which is considerably bigger (and would be as much use as a chocolate teapot with chrome)
Reply to
John Stumbles

I found you could just about ram it in to a 35mm push fit coupling. Or was it 32mm.

I walked round the BM trying them all till I found something that fitted, then I had to find a bit of pipe too fit that and then..I eventually wound up with a load of bits plugged together..

Actually simply finding a size of pipe bigger, and making up the difference with silicone works..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've not had chance to take it back yet (other, more pressing, matters took priority like plumbing the WC back in :-) so will report back, but...

...it's about 2mm (diam.) too small for 32mm compression fittings. I can bodge something for the outlet side, but I don't want to have to make up a bodged reducer for the inlet side.

G.W. Walker

My Homebase chrome trap did fit directly into a 32mm compression. If it didn't, then I'd have stuck half a tube of silicone down it, assuming you can't get a special adaptor olive.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle