"Home Strip" paint stripper

:-)

Four, and counting!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It's a pudding soaked in liqueur we used to have at school dinners.

We had to bring in the D.O.M. liqueur ourselves during school trips, from Fécamp, of course, each year it was the responsibility of the the

3rd form. to squirrel it away whilst on school trips to the Benedictine Abbey in the land of my forebears, Normandy.

Otherwise it would have just been plain old Joly Poly :-(

Aka Jolly Poorly :-((

Or, in the worst case, "Dead Baby".

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

If you think that applies to me it must apply to everyone else who asks questions without looking at Google first.

We think that there will be personal expertise on a ng. Isn't that what a group is about?

We don't ALL know everything ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Exactly. That's what Google is for.

Reply to
Guy King

Well, this one is about DIY and who or what Dom Jolly is, isn't. Unless a brand of paint stripper, obviously.

That's a bit lax of you. Please try harder.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Isn't it better to ask friends first? If not, why have a ng?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

No. It was a specific observation.

Reply to
Bob Eager

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I'd always look for myself first to avoid using up other people's goodwill gratuitously.

Reply to
Guy King

Because there are topics (like combi boilers) that haven't been addressed before

Reply to
Stuart Noble

But does Google know everything?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

True goodwill has no limit - and most people like to help.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from Owain contains these words:

Of course not, that's where the newsgroup comes in.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Up to a point, Lord Copper.

Reply to
Guy King

My point - which has been missed or ignored - is that I suspect that Mary often *knows* the answer, but would rather try to appear 'above' such things by pretending she doesn't know. Not 'above' Googling, but 'above' the subject matter. After all, she tries to be 'superior' the rest of the time....!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Who's Lord Copper?

I'm going to bed in a minute so don't feel affronted if you think I haven't read an answer :-)

Mary Fisher

So the ng is a secondary source?

I prefer it the other way round.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It's, umm, a *trestle* table. Sorry.

To make it easy, and to save me loads of typing:

Jason

Nope.

Google only knows one thing: it know who *really* knows everything.

Reply to
Jason

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I left that as an exercise for the reader. If you go beachcombing for the whole phrase it'll make sense.

Reply to
Guy King