HMRC scam

I've just had one of these calls - recorded threatening court action unless I sort this out press one. So I pressed one to give them a mouthful. Daft buggers didn't even have the sense to hide their phone number - Russia +7 (537) 394-02-3

Is Putin becoming that desperate? :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Apparently he hasn't long to live.

Reply to
Jon

should be careful pressing any key that they tell you as it can route you to a premium charge line at a shed load a second.

Reply to
john west

No.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Urban myth.

In the UK, the only incoming phone call that can end-up being charged to your phone is from 0800-?EVERSE

Reply to
Andy Burns

The scam used to be the messages left on the answerphone to get you to call back via phone call you instigated.

Reply to
alan_m

But it will connect you to the scammers who will attempt to install something on your phone that allows them to see everything that you are doing.

Sadly, many people fall for this.

Reply to
Andrew

Not possible to install something on your phone that way.

You are confusing the sms scams with actual phone calls.

Reply to
Jock

How the f*ck are they going to do that over a voice call. Another d*****ad.

Reply to